Medication can alleviate pain, treat and prevent illness, and fight infection. However, if taken in the wrong dosage or combination, it can also cause serious problems. We help patients manage their medication intake, ensuring it is taken in the right dosage, on the right day, at the right time.
The skilled home health care professionals from ACS Home Care LLC will:
- Organize medications and create a simple and effective method to track intake
- Pre-measure or pre-pour medications
- Assess the effectiveness of medications and monitor potential side effects
- Administer intramuscular or subcutaneous injections using the proper body site
- Check to make sure prescriptions are filled and expiration dates are recorded
- Meal preparation and patient feeding
- Collaborate with the patient’s physician and pharmacist to prevent dangerous drug interactions
In administering medications, ACS Home Care LLC’s nurses follow the current nursing practices and recommendations as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which reflect the minimum standards of care required for healthcare personnel to prevent transmission of infection in healthcare settings.